Students’ body said fight against online exam will continue
Following allegations of a 300% hike in application fee, the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) administration on Friday clarified that the fee for the entrance examinations will remain the same as the 2018-19 academic session.
“The JNU administration is aghast at the widespread misinformation that is being circulated by a handful of self-styled student leaders of JNU on the JNU entrance examination and a few other issues. The messages being posted on various social media talk about a 300% fee hike. Nothing could be farther from the truth…it remains same as the last year’s application fee,” university officials said.
The JNU Students’ Union (JNUSU) had alleged that the university had “unilaterally” increased the prospectus fee by 300%, closed down BA lateral entry programme in school of languages, among other issues.
However, the university administration, while rejecting allegations of fee hike, further said, “More condemnable is the lie that the administration has been illegally altering the admission processes by stopping lateral entry to B.A. second year programmes…the decisions were the result of serious deliberations by statutory bodies.”
Following the university’s clarification, the JNUSU welcomed the decision on the application fee remaining the same.
However, the students’ body said that the “fight against online examination, abolishing of B.A. second year lateral entry, delinking of M.Phil and PhD and seat cut will continue.”
“JNUSU gives the Vice-Chancellor 48 hours to take back the prospectus and take into consideration the opinions of students and teachers…else it will be forced to intensify the struggle and start indefinite hunger strike to defend the essence of JNU,” the students’ body said.
Source: Read Full Article