We’d asked you, dear readers, to share your best recipes.
Rediff reader Kanchan sent us this recipe.
Soya Veggie Pulao
- 1 tsp of ghee
- 1 tsp ginger garlic and green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric, red chilli and garam masala powder
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup capsicum
- 1 cup potato
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup soyabean chunks soaked and water removed
- 1 cup curd
- 1 small tsp of jeera
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom (deseeded)
- 3 black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Coriander for garnishing
- Heat one tsp of ghee in a pan.
- Add dry spices jeera, 2 cloves, 2 green cardamom, 3 black pepper.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and saute till the raw aroma
- Add onion and capsicum and sauté it for 5 min on medium flame. Let the onion turn pink translucent
- Add all the vegetables and turmeric, red chilli and garam masala powder. Saute continuously for more 5 min
- Add 1 tsp of salt and 1 cup curd and sauté it for more 5-6 min untill the texture changes
- Add basmati rice and half tsp of salt and add 2 cups of water. Cover the lid and let the rice and vegetables cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Source: Read Full Article