At least 16 students and a staff member of a private school here were admitted to a hospital in Mulund on Thursday due to suspected food poisoning, a Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) official said.

The Class VII students — 12 girls and four boys — and the staff member ate the dal khichdi served to them at the Sahyadri Vidya Mandir in suburban Bhandup after which they complained of severe stomach ache.

The patients are responding to the treatment and will be kept under observation for 24 hours, a doctor attending to them said. An inquiry will be conducted into the matter, the civic official said. On August 10, a 12-year-old student of a civic-run school in Govandi died and over 400 other students were hospitalised due to suspected medicine poisoning after they consumed iron-boosting medicines given by the school.

Source: Read Full Article