The movie ‘Takkari Donga‘ directed by Jayant C Paranji with Mahesh Babu as the hero is 20 years old today. This is not a super hit movie. Disaster movie. But it’s an underrated movie. Let us now know some things we do not know about this movie:
1. It was a big budget movie in Mahesh Babu’s career then.. as well as in Tollywood.
2. The film is based on the cowboy culture that Krishna introduced to Tollywood with the film ‘Mosagallaku Mosagadu’.
3. After that films came like Chiranjeevi ‘Kodamasimham’ in the same format but they were not successful.However, years later, Mahesh was ready to do a cowboy-themed film again.
4. Bollywood actresses like Bipasha Basu and Lisa Roy opposite Mahesh acted as heroines. They had to be heavily remunirated.
5. The film was released on January 12, 2002. The competition includes Balakrishna’s ‘Seemasimham’ and Tarun’s ‘Nuvvu Leka Nenu Lenu’. Both the films have cached the Sankranthi well but there is no audience who cares about ‘Takkari Donga’.
6. ‘Takkari Donga’ is not a movie that should come with Sankranthi. Industry leaders at the time expressed the view that the outcome would have been different if it had been released at a different time.
7. There are so many highlights in ‘Takkari Donga’ to mention. The cinematography provided by Jayan Vincent is reminiscent of Hollywood movies.
8. All the songs composed in Manisharma music are very good. The album ‘Takkari Donga’ should also be called Underrated.
9. Bridge Sequence but the treasure hunt episode in the climax.. but the scene where the hero finds the villain.. but to show a new route to the commercial format.
10. In fact, ‘Takkari Donga’ was to be produced by star producer KS Rama Rao. In fact, ‘Takkari Donga’ was to be produced by star producer KS Rama Rao. But when it comes to cowboy background he lags behind. With that, director Jayante decided to become a producer and produce the film, thinking that ‘why putting a burden on the producer’.
11. Before making the film ‘Takkari Donga’, director Jayant was opposed by Krishna garu. Can you do any love story with Mahesh in your style? Money will come. It is said that Big producers will come forward to produce that film.
12. Krishna also shared his experience as a producer that despite the hit film ‘Mosagallaku Mosagadu’, he still suffered losses. However, director Jayant was adamant that he should do ‘Takkari Donga’.
13. The movie did as expected.. flop. There were a lot of losses. With that, Mahesh returned the advance. Jayant was reassured that the remuneration would not come either.
14. Director Jayant to make up for the loss caused by ‘Takkari Donga’ with films like ‘Eshwar’, ‘Lakshmi Narasimha’ and ‘Shankar Dada MBBS’.
Source: Read Full Article