World champion high jumper Mutaz Barshim has been ruled out for the rest of the season because of an ankle injury, the Qatar Athletics Federation announced on Tuesday.
In a statement, the QAF said Barshim, who won gold at the 2017 World Athletics Championships in London, damaged ankle ligaments in Hungary earlier this month.
He injured himself while trying to set a new world record height of 2.46 metres, said the statement.
“I am not worried and have got positive feedback from my doctors,” he said in the statement.
“My biggest goal next year is, of course, the World Championships in my home country, Qatar,” said Barshim.AFP
Source: Read Full Article