Nadiya Sarguroh‘s Chole Chaat is bursting with delicious flavours and won’t set you off on a guilt trip.
It can be easily made at home and has plenty of crunch.
Don’t be surprised if this soon becomes your family’s go-to snack.
When lawyer-turned-blogger Nadiya cooks, she chooses traditional recipes that she adds additional punch too.
- 400 gm boiled or canned kabulii chana or chickpeas
- 1 small onion, peeled,finely chopped
- ½ kakdi or cucumber, finely chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils or seed pods
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red chilly powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- Juice of ½ a neebu or lemon
- Salt to taste, around ½ tsp
- Chopped green dhania or coriander or cilantro, to garnish
- Sev, to garnish
- ½ cup sweet yoghurt, to serve
- Tamarind chutney, to serve
- In a bowl combine the boiled chickpeas with the chopped onions and the cucumber.
Add the chaat masala and the red chilly powder.
Season with the ground black pepper and the salt.
Add a squeeze of lemon.
Garnish with the chopped coriander, pomegranate seed pods and the sev.
Serve with the sweet yoghurt and the tamarind chutney.
Nadiya Sarguroh lives in Mumbai and publishes the food blog HautePot.
- MORE RECIPES FOR YOU
Source: Read Full Article